If there were an Apple Creek Hall of Fame, Paul Miller would surely be a founding member. Paul was born in East Union Township in 1905 and attended Ely’s school (#4) and graduated from Apple Creek High School in 1923 (the first class to graduate from new building). Mr. Miller worked in Apple Creek for Studer Brothers Mill, the Apple Creek Elevator, and later in life for the Mill at the O.A.R.D.C. Paul started serving on Town Council in 1932 and as Township Clerk 1934. He was a member of the Apple Creek Volunteer fire Department since its inception in 1940 and served as Assistant Chief under Cloyce Orr and then as Chief after Cloyce’s death in 1952. Our picture of the month finds Paul sporting a beard for the Apple Creek Centennial festival in 1955. Paul is standing approximately in front of the bank, with the hardware store and Lewis’s Food Market in the background. Special thanks go to Buddy Lebold for sharing this picture with us. More pictures and interviews can be seen here on our website.